Thursday, November 29, 2012

Energetic and Creative




Well so much for thinking I could blog and paint everyday. Things are still hectic in Brasilia. Everyday something comes up and I spend half the day trying to sort it out. But I am happy. Lots of creative ideas spinning around my head.

This week Luka and I made a Christmas tree out of an old umbrella stand. We added paint brushes for the branches, crayons and potpourri for the decorations. On top we made a simple angel out of wire. It is very gaudy but brings extra humor into our daily life's.
Yesterday I decided to capture the orange, yellow and red colors in those glorious mangoes which have become part of my everyday diet here in Brazil. And it is not even mango season yet! We'll be having mangoes for breakfast, lunch and dinner in January when the mango season begins. There are a wide variety of mangoes in Brazil but I choose to mainly paint the Haden .
In my painting I also wanted to capture a little bit of the grey sky we see a lot of during the rainy season. The Brasilia sky is amazing. It changes so often in one day. The dramatic sky after a storm is my favorite.
Our puppy Xavi was covered in paint by the time I finished painting. He kept running for my paint brush as my hand moved up and down the canvas. He also caught a tube of paint and squeezed it open with his teeth. I put him in front of my painting so you can see the grandeur of the canvas. He has his eyes on a bug.

Bye for now.............

No comments:

Post a Comment